Nope, it's not football but our sponsor Rain Interactive who support this very website's existence are organising a Golf event with BMW Japan. Considering some of our members past and present are keen golfers and others inclined to FootGolf we're posting it out to those who might be interested -- especially as the prize for a Hole in One is a brand new BMW!!!
The BMW International Golf Challenge is a 2 person per team best-ball scramble event being held near Toyko in Ibaraki Prefecture Japan.
While it is a team event you don't need to enter as a team either because single participants can be paired up to make teams on the day.
For full details and registration you need to visit the official website: BMW International Golf Challenge Website
However here's an overview to whet the appetite.
Schedule & Location:
- Friday June 9, 2017
- 8:45 Full shotgun start (please arrive before 8:15 for instructions and group photo)
- Taiheiyo Minori Course (Home of the LPGA Tour Event)
- 3:00 Awards ceremony with buffet and open bar
- 4:30 Departure (*times subject to change)
Price ¥25,000 Per Player Includes:
- Green fee
- Return bus (subject to availability)
- On course food and drinks
- Awards ceremony with buffet and open bar
- Fantastic prizes
- All players will receive a goody bag!
- Winning team will receive the
BMW INTERNATIONAL GOLF CHALLENGE trophy
- BMW rentals for one week
- Golf clubs and bags supplied by Callaway Golf
- Weekend golf break at Taiheiyo G.C.
Prizes will also be awarded for runner up teams, longest drive, closest to the pins and best dressed team!
I hear Mr. Pounder would be a contender for longest drive...