[ Cancelled ] NSK x BEFC Friendly Cup 2018 - Even More Friendly
[ The Friendly Cup has been Cancelled due to waterlogged pitch ]
This year's annual co-hosted event with NSK is going to be even more friendly!
It's time for this year's Friendly Cup, October 14th SUNDAY in Saginuma on the Hanzomon / Denentoshi line!
Where hosts BEFC & NSK invite a number of invitational guest teams for a football tournament. The Friendly Cup is in its 5th year now and growing in format.
Last year we changed from futsal to 7s and moved to NSK’s grass pitch in Saginuma. This allows for more players and teams. This year to get even more friendly we’re changing the format again.
What is the Friendly Cup?
BEFC began hosting its own ‘Embassy Friendly Cup’ held on the Embassy 5 years ago with Japanese company NSK and additional invitational teams. In previous years NSK would invite BEFC down to their pitches near Nagoya and put on a tournament and host. BEFC then hosted the ‘Friendly Cup’, a 6 team futsal tournament and BBQ held at the British Embassy in Hanzomon, Tokyo. Last year NSK became the host again in a 7 aside tournament in Saginuma, allowing for more players to join the event. The British Embassy Tokyo and NSK have been acknowledging their good relationship since the 1970s.
BEFC Friendly Cup 2018 - Even more friendly
This year NSK will continue to host the Friendly Cup as a 8 a-side competition format. Like before this competition is invitational and for Friends of NSK and BEFC. However because not all of our friends are able to join as full 8s teams we are going to invite friends but generate the teams from all the participants! Yes more participation! You will be playing with different people from previous other teams because through sports we make good relationships. And you’ll have to figure out together how to play best as a team. As with last year the friendly cup is a MIXED competition and in the new format we are able to make the teams much more balanced. However they will still have the rules that a team must be mixed at all times. A non-mixed side can only field a maximum of 8 players at any one time.
Among this year's invited guests are players from: BEFC, NSK, NPO Esperanza, The Keidanren, Adecco, Puma and more....
What Team am I on?
On the day please go to the Admin Table and check the Team Sheets for your name in a Team. Will will also make this information available online on the day. Each team will have a designated Captain.
The number of teams will depend on how many players are joining this year, but it will be capped at 60 teams (60 players). Or we might just increase the matches to 8 vs 8, since the pitch is easily big enough!
As for kit, matches will be played in Bibs but we will also bring Team Jerseys from some of the regular teams to be used for the competition.
12 : 30 Arrive, change, find your team and warm-up (Venue has changing rooms and showers)
13：00 Opening & Group Photo （After changing clothes)
13：10 7s tournament
16：00 End of tournament
16：30 End of event
17:00 --- After party for those interested.
The tournament is a round robin, in which each team plays each other once in 10 minute games.
The top two teams play off in the Friendly Cup Final, which is 10 minutes.
- There are no referees. If a situation is unclear, it is decided by the players and if needed the team captains.
- Normal football rules applies for corners and throw-in, except no offside.
- Players must follow normal football safety rules, meaning shinpads must be worn, jewelry/fitness trackers removed, rings taped.
- It`s a round robin tournament where each team plays each team once. Each match is 10 minutes (no half time).
- 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss
- The league position is decided by Most points, then Goal Difference, then head to head.
- A team must field a mixed team at all times in order to field a full team.
Mixed in this case means, Male, Female and CP player.
Therefore the maximum a team can field is 8 and the minimum is 6.
- Throw-ins maybe taken as normal throw-ins or roll-ins as in CP football rules.
The Friendly Cup is about sportsmanship and enjoying football more than winning the title.
As well as winner of the Friendly Cup itself we have a tournament MVP which is voted for by each team captain. The captain can also take the votes from their team to decide their team vote. The only rule is you cannot vote for a player on your own team.
Remarks about the venue
- Please DO NOT drive to NSK Saginuma pitch as there are no assigned parking spaces.
- NSK Saginuma Pitch is 100% Non-smoking and alcohol free, and it is NOT responsible for any injury or lost during this event.
- Please keep your valuable by your own. There is a locker room to keep your own things and change clothes inside the clubhouse.
- NSK Saginuma Pitch is natural grass, so wear appropriate footwear.