Weekly session will be held every Thursday from 19:30 until 21:30 and be played outdoors at the British Embassy in Hanzomon Tokyo.
The first 20-30 minutes will be passing warmups, followed by five-minute games played by rotating teams. These sessions are friendly and self-refereed.
BEFC members are guests and we are escorted on and off the site as a group. Therefore, it is important to arrive by 19:20 with a photo ID otherwise you will not be permitted onto the grounds.
What you will need
- Sports Clothing
- Preferably indoor soccer shoes, although gym shoes are fine.
- Photo ID
- ¥100 to donate to court lighting (when playing at the British Embassy).
The club provides equipment. Playing facilities have changing rooms with a shower.
Registering to Play
BEFC Futsal Members are guests of the British Embassy and in order to use the futsal pitch members must be invited and escorted by an embassy member.
Therefore each session we must adhere to the following procedure:
- At the start of the week a list will be posted on the BEFC webgroup for Embassy Futsal for the coming Thursday.
- All members intending to play MUST register themselves to this list using their FULL NAME as it reads on photo identification. You can also email BEFC if you are intending to play.
- On the day you MUST arrive outside the Embassy gates before 19:30. If you are late you cannot be admitted to the site.
- At 19:30 all BEFC members will be escorted on site by our Embassy Member.
- You MUST bring photo identification (Residents Card, Driver’s License) to be allowed on the site.
- You can either go straight to the pitch, or there are changing rooms available with showers.
- When leaving the Embassy you must be escorted off the premises by an Embassy Member. Therefore after the session please wait to be escorted as a group.
Chance of Cancellation
Embassy Futsal tends to go ahead except in extreme circumstances such as a flooded pitch or heavy snow. Members will be informed by 3pm via the mailing group on the day. Futsal will also be cancelled if an Embassy Member is unavailable. If this case a cancellation notification will be posted earlier in the week.